Terms & Conditions
Applicable from January 1, 2020
Prices and costs
We use IKEA’s prices valid on the day of shipment on the IKEA Italy website unless otherwise agreed. On top of these prices we charge a percentage for shipping costs, inland transport & administration, currently:
25% for all orders, no matter how little or how much you order.
We deliver your order to your door for free in Malta if your purchases are over € 500 including VAT. Smaller orders can be collected free of charge from our warehouse or delivered to your door at a small charge of € 25. For Gozo, the delivery charge is € 40 on any order.
If a lifter is needed for delivery at a higher level, we can provide one at an extra charge of € 40 including VAT. You will have to take care of a permit at your own expenses and that also goes for assistance by wardens or employees of Malta Transport if required by the local council. Kindly note that expenses such as lifters and wardens are not included.
Delivery and collection terms
In our order confirmation we give you the date of shipment from Genoa, Italy and the date of delivery in our warehouse. We stick to those dates as best we can, but we cannot take any responsibility if shipments are delayed and delivery has to be rescheduled owing to bad weather, ferry delays and so on. We are not responsible for incomplete deliveries due to insufficient stock in Genoa. Sometimes IKEA has to issue additional deliveries from their central warehouse, which can cause a delay of one or two weeks. If an article is not in stock or out of the collection we will credit your account for the full amount including the surcharge for transport and other services.
If you are not available to receive your consignment within 14 days from the scheduled date of arrival in our warehouse, after this we will charge € 5 per pallet per week storage costs. If after two months after the scheduled day of delivery into our warehouse delivery to or collection by our clients is still not effected we will have the right to cancel the order and put the articles on sale. We will however credit the client for 80% of the purchase value. The shipping surcharge however will not be refunded.
Purchasing process and terms
- Any articles that you see on IKEA website can be ordered, from a single tea towel to a complete bedroom. Go to the IKEA Italy website and choose the language you prefer. You can easily create a log-in name and password; this allows you to make and save your own shopping list. Then you can send this list to us by email on email@example.com or you can store it as a PDF and send it to us later. If you send us a list of your own please note that we always need to know the article number, quantity and name of the product. Once we receive your list, we will send you a detailed estimate. We will process your order with IKEA as soon as we have received (a proof of) payment for the sum of the purchases plus shipping costs. Collection of your purchases from any IKEA store is done by IKEA staff only.
- The Italian IKEA prices apply. Prices sometimes vary between national IKEA websites, due to different currencies and policies. We charge the prices valid at the day of shipment.
- Any damage or deficiency has to be reported to us within one week after delivery or collection, together with a picture of the damage. Only when IKEA has approved the concerning product or part will be replaced and delivered as originally agreed. Damaged goods must be returned to us then in the original package(s).
- We provide a weekly transport, but orders have to be passed to us at least ten days before the shipment date. Shipments always leave our warehouse in Genoa on Friday and arrive in Malta the Tuesday after.
- When your purchases have arrived in Malta we will contact you about collection or delivery of the items.
- For the order processing we use a form, indicating your purchases, the amount of the purchases and separately the costs of transport and insurance, including VAT. We will kindly request you to transfer the total amount to our bank account in advance. Any other costs can be paid on delivery.
- The full IKEA warranty covers your purchases and we will assist you once you need to call for it. As you cannot exchange your purchases yourself, we provide that service as well. When the exchange is due to a mistake on behalf of IKEA or ourselves the exchange will be carried out free of charge. If on second thought you want to return or exchange a product that you purchased that was correctly delivered, we will charge you for the cost that it brings us. This charge is 25% of the value of the goods, while shipping cost will not be refunded.
Malta Furniture provides an excellent assembling service at a very reasonable cost, that is given as a fixed price on request by the client. You will not only enjoy the comfort of this service but is also minimise the risk of damages that can occur when you assemble yourself without proper equipment and/or sufficient experience. For large commercial projects the assembly costs are billed per man hour.
In all cases where these terms & conditions are not conclusive to a complaint or dispute the general conditions of IKEA will apply.